Helpful Litter Registration Tips
- Litter registrations may be mailed, faxed, called in, or submitted to our web site. Payment may be made by check, money order or credit card. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express. If you fax, call in, or submit a litter over the internet, you must use a credit card.
- If you do an on-line litter, you do NOT need a log-in number. You will, however need a valid Breeder (customer) ID number. If you have applied for a Breeder ID number on-line, you can put 1234 as your ID number, and we will fill in your ID for you.
- If the date of birth for your puppies has not been at least six months apart from the dam’s last litter, expect to get a call from us verifying that the information is correct.
- Please include a good day-time telephone number on your papers so that if we have a question we can reach you. This helps get your papers to you as quickly as possible.
- Make sure the dam is registered in your name. If the dam is not registered in your name, this will hold up your litter until she can be put in your name.
- We use UPS for all overnight deliveries. Please let us know before 10:00 a.m. if you need your papers overnighted. We do not charge your credit card for this, UPS does.
- If you fax a litter, please call us about 10 minutes afterwards to make sure we received it.
- If you apply on line for a litter the credit card will be charged automatically with our new website. If you mail or fax the litter it will be processed after we process your paper work.
- America’s Pet Registry, Inc. operates the American Canine Hybrid Club for registering hybrid litters. You may request information by calling APRI.
After You Receive Your Litter
- Each litter has its own unique number with each puppy having its own identification letter after the registration number. Males are always listed first on all litters, followed by females. For example, in a litter with two males and two females, the two male papers will end with A and B; the two female papers will end with C and D.
- The sex of the dog is listed on the right-hand side of the litter application, right underneath the date of birth.
- Do not sign or complete anything on the Application for Dog Registration (puppy paper.) The new pet owner completes all the information on the form.
- Always proofread your papers as soon as you receive them. If you made a mistake in submitting the litter or if we made a mistake in processing the litter, it is best to correct it before the litter leaves you.
- If you need a litter corrected, please call our office. There is a $5.00 fee to mail out corrected papers.
- You will also receive a litter disposition form. Please fill out all the information and keep this for YOUR files for at least five years. This will help you tremendously if someone has lost a paper & you need to get a replacement.